As version 1.15.0 of the game released in April 2017, there are now 10 such Premium Locations requiring special access items to enter and play.
Finding Special Access ItemsEdit
There are several ways to acquire these Special Access Items apart from purchasing them in the store.
(1) Play Hidden Object Locations: Special access items can be won by exploring other Hidden Object Locations. Each Location that requires Special Items to play has its own set of Locations where those Special Items can be won. You are not guaranteed to win the Special Item every time you win a hidden object game in those other Locations, they are simply one of the potential rewards you may win.
The number of Special Access Items required for each play of a Special Item Location depends on the current Rank of the Location. When you first open a new Location that requires Special Items to play, you will need 5 of that Location's Special Items for every play. With each new Rank you achieve on that Location, that requirement will increase by 5.
(2) Combine Collections: Special Items can also be rewarded for combining certain collections. You can find a list of these collections below.
(3) Collect the Investor Trophy: Special Items can be collected from the Investor Trophy. This trophy gives out 1 to 3 random special access items every 12 hours, depending on the rank of the trophy.
(4) Visit Friends: Regular special access items, those that are not part of the current timed challenges, are potentially awarded as a bonus for visiting friends. The bonus award is 5 of a random special access item key for each friend visited. However, the number of bonuses for visits is capped. New Players start at 5, this number increases as Reputation increases until maxed. The maximum number of bonuses you can receive for visits is 50. This number is indicated on the lower left side of the Visiting map. The counter resets every 24 hours at midnight and goes down with each friend you visit that day.
(5) Receive as Free Gifts from Friends: Regular special items (i.e. Gold Thread, Lantern, Theater Ticket, Piece of Eight, etc.) can be received from and given as free gifts to friends. You can send 1 free gift per day per friend with the maximum number of free gifts at 100 (new players start off with a lower number limit that rises with leveling and eventually caps off at the max 100 limit). This means that while the maximum of friends you can have is 250, you can only gift 100 of those friends a free gift a day. Please note that these items do not come out of your inventory when you gift them to your friends. However, you cannot add these items to your Wish List to ask your friends for them.The Special Access Items are located on the Send tab of Gifts. Scroll through to the end of the entire section to find them on the last few pages. These special access items will be locked by level/ rubies. You need to be at Game Level of 20 or above to gift Gold Threads, 30 for Lanterns, 40 for Theater Tickets, 50 for Pieces of Eight, 60 for Candy Cauldrons, 70 for Locks, and 80 for Brooches.
Alternatively, it is possible to unlock access to these items with the corresponding number of Rubies.
Please note that you are restricted to one free gift per friend per day up to a maximum of 100 friends. The number of friends increases as your Reputation increases.
Regular Special Item PicturesEdit
Below is a list of the 11 Regular Special Items Access Passes, the level required to unlock them, and where they can be found.
|Special Item||Icon||Needed to Play|
|Can be Found|
|Gold Thread||Clothing Store||20||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; collect from Trophy; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Lantern||Garden||30||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; collect from Trophy; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Theater Ticket||Dressing Room||40||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; collect from Trophy; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Piece of Eight||Ship||50|
|Candy Cauldron||Gloomy House||60||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Lock||Old Square||70||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Brooch||Antique Shop||80||Any Hidden Object Location; combining Collections; bonus for Visiting; free Gifts from Friends; purchased from the Store|
|Golden Bells||House of Toys||100|
|Investigators' Badge||Enigma House||110|
|Chocolate Beans||Candy World||120|
Collections That Reward Special ItemsEdit
Below is a list of the collections that reward the special item access passes required to play certain rooms:
|Collection Name||Item Created||Coins Earned||Rewards||Giftable Collection?|
|Navigator's Kit||World Map||0||Gold Thread x25||Yes|
|Mysterious Stalker||Handkerchief||250||Gold Thread x25||Yes|
|Circus Tent||Tent||0||Gold Thread x50||Yes|
|Catching the Criminal||Mysterious Order||500||Gold Thread x50||No|
|Flower Garden||Cherub Sculpture||500||Gold Thread x75||No|
|Sinister Artifacts||Black Mask||0||Gold Thread x75||Yes|
|Ammunition||Cartridge||0||Gold Thread x100||Yes|
|Policeman's Things||Badge||0||Lantern x30||Yes|
|Tea with the Impostor||Invitation||250||Lantern x50||Yes|
|Memorable Figurines||Golden Founding Father||250||Lantern x75||Yes|
|Luxurious Party||Chocolate fountain||500||Theater Ticket x50||No|
|Mayoral Inauguration||Scepter of power||250||Theater Ticket x75||Yes|
|Ben's Concern||Tambourine||0||Candy Cauldron x50||Yes|
|Mystery of the Cave||Cowrie Shells||0||Lock x50||Yes|
|Cave Paintings||The Meeting||0||Brooch x50||Yes|
~~Please add to this list if you can~~